We are not required by law to appoint a Data Protection Officer. However, to facilitate any data privacy related queries, we have appointed a Data Protection Compliance Manager for you to contact if you have any questions or concerns about our personal data policies or practices. Our Data Protection Compliance Manager is: Laura Stone (email@example.com).
1. Personal data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. You can find out more about personal data from the Information Commissioners Office. We collect personal information about our clients to provide them with property search and other associated services. The information we collect and process includes:
- Contact details – Name, email address, telephone number, mobile number, postal address
- Identity details – previous name, maiden name, previous addresses, photograph, date and place of birth, nationality, copies of driving licence, passport and other identity documents
- Financial information – bank account numbers, mortgage information, annual income and any other information to identify your means and help manage your property search and acquisition.
- Family details – age, dependants, special requirements, disability details, medical conditions, any other information that you may produce/be required to produce to comply with the regulatory and statutory requirements in order to provide you with our property search services.
2. How we use your information
We may use your personal data in the following ways:
- To conduct identity verification checks
- To assist you with your property search and acquisition
3. Third parties
Please note the following:
- We may need to have access to your information held by other people, for example, financial advisors, solicitors, surveyors, property agents etc. We will seek your consent before we contact them and explain who we are contacting, what information we are requesting and why we need this information.
- We do not sell personal information to anyone. We only share your personal information with third parties who have your consent and who have been engaged by yourself in respect of facilitating the delivery of our service.
4. Prospects and potential clients
We hold the following information:
- Name and contact details of individuals who have expressed interest in hearing from us about our services, or have engaged with us for supply of our services in the past, or have been referred to us by third parties for our services. We hold this information on the basis of our commercial legitimate interests. All direct marketing activities to such individuals are proportionate, related to our services and comply with relevant privacy and regulatory requirements. Any requests received from individuals to erase or stop processing this data will be promptly addressed.
5. Visitors to our website
- When you visit our website, we use third-party services to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to various parts of the website. The information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone.
- When you complete a contact form on our website or use the email for enquiries, we will use the information you give us only for providing you with an appropriate response.
6. When and how we share information with others
Your information may be shared with:
- Financial advisors/accountants/tax advisors
- Lawyers and other legal professionals
- Property agents
- IT service providers who provide data storage, processing, backup and retrieval services
- Sub-contractors or associates who are asked by Stonevale to deliver all or some of the services.
7. Data subject rights
You have a right to request correction of inaccurate information, deletion of information, and to instruct us to stop processing your information. We are obliged to honour such requests as per the regulatory requirements. If you’d like more information or would like to make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Security of your information
To help protect the privacy of data and personally identifiable information you provide to us, we maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards. We update and test our security technology on an on-going basis.
We restrict access to your personal data to those employees who need to know that information to provide benefits or services to you. In addition, we train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of your information. We commit to taking appropriate disciplinary measures to enforce our employees’ privacy responsibilities.
9. Data storage and retention
Your personal data is stored by Stonevale on its computers and email systems if in electronic format and in secured locations if in hard copy or other media. We retain data for the duration of the client’s business relationship with us and as per the regulatory data retention requirements. For more information on where and how long your personal data is stored, and for more information on your rights of erasure and portability, please contact us at email@example.com.